Amber's Crazy Super Super Senior Year Around the World!!!

Friday, May 26, 2006

Last night - Walked around the local market for a while, and had a farwell night with the Uyuni tour gang (Jon, Leona, Kim, Adam, and Sabastian). We had a nice dinner and then went to a couple of bars. They were fairly deserted, but we had a nice time with each other - tons of laughs as usual. Í didn´t end up back in my hotel room until nearly 4 (which is saying something here). Leona and Jon headed to Sucre this afternoon, but I might catch up with them in a few days in La Paz. Kim and Adam are taking a much longer trek up to La Paz, so I probably won´t see them again. Sabastian is heading to La Paz with me this evening. I´m sad to part with everyone. We´ve had a great time together, but I´m excited to get to meet new people in the future. I´m actually glad that Sabastian will be on the same bus as me, because, while I like the freedom of traveling totally alone, I am always nervous about arriving in a new place alone with my roller suitcase. Once I´m settled in a hostal, I´m always fine.

Today was kind of a lazy day. Slept a little late and watched a little English TV. I didn´t drink much last night, but I had a really bad hangover, which probably has to do with the altitude. After a while, I packed up and went into town for some lunch. In the afternoon, I went to the Inca Lagoon. On first view, it just looks like a little pond in the middle of beautiful, multicolored mountains. But, it´s actually an inactive volcano filled with warm, mineral water. Except for at the very edge, it is 4000 meters deep. My driver pointed out that if you couldn´t swim and went under, no one would ever be able to rescue you. It was a little scary and strange because it just looked like a small pond. Anyways, the sun was lovely, so I laid out for a while before going in.

Once I went in, I didn´t want to get out. It was wonderful. There were barely any other people there. And, I spent about an hour at the center of the lake, floating on my back, looking at the clear blue, cloudless sky and glear from sun in the corner of my eye and moving myself around in circles with my arms and legs. I couldn´t hear a thing with the water covering my ears. And, I really felt like I was an Inca Princess taking a bath in a volcano in the middle of nowhere thousands of years ago. It was such a peaceful feeling.

Anyways, that was my day. I have a bus in 2 hours. So, I´m going to pop into town for some dinner and then head to the bus station for my 11 hour, overnight bus to La Paz.

4 Comments:

At 10:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Vera Berlin (F05), senior passenger, is also in LaPaz at present...wouldn't be something if you were bump into each other!

 
At 10:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The image you write about -- floating in a circular lake high in the Andes -- sounds like it would make a great TV shot. A commercial, probably, but for what product?
Just for fun, I went back and read some of your earliest entries, just before boarding Explorer. I detect just a few changes!
It's been great to share it with you; thanks.
roff
senior
A04 and a05

PS - It would be great to hear that you and Vera crossed paths.

 
At 5:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your are Nice. And so is your site! Maybe you need some more pictures. Will return in the near future.
»

 
At 1:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very best site. Keep working. Will return in the near future.
»

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


Free Site Counter