Amber's Crazy Super Super Senior Year Around the World!!!

Thursday, May 18, 2006

Arriving in San Pedro . . .

Well, so much for my early night last night. As it turned out, tons of people had really early morning buses today. So, everyone was planning to just stay up all night. I finally agreed to drop by the other hostel during the asado and have a couple drinks. I figured that it was better to stay out and be more tired anyways. Well, a couple drinks turned into staying out all night dancing . . . I got back to the hostel just in time to take a shower, finish packing, check out, and get to the bus terminal for my 7 a.m. bus.

I passed out as soon as I was on the bus and slept for about four hours. The scenery was georgous and so different than any other I´ve seen. I wrote up a description on the bus, so I´ll paste it in here later.

Well, I was quite shocked when we arrived in San Pedro. There was no bus station!!! No cabs!!! I was totally freaked out. It´s so much more rural than I was expecting. The bus just dropped us off on the edge of town. Anyways, I paid a guy who was trying to take me to another hostel to take me to the International Hostel. I was so disoriented because I just wasn´t expecting it to be this way. Here I am in the middle of a desert with my roller suitcase . . . So much for being a posh traveller.

Anyways, the town actually seems really really neat. It´s seriously a little sleepy town in the middle of nowhere. The roads are not paved and it has a very desert feel to it. But, it seems bigger than you would first think. I actually am kind of digging the vibe I´m getting from it now. I was just a little disoriented when I arrived. It kind of reminds me of Varanasi in India - just because of the somewhat quirky, magical feel in the air.

I booked myself a tour of Moon Valley for tomorrow afternoon. So, I´m going to sleep in, check out the town, book some more tours, and then do the tour in the afternoon.

I met up with my friend Michael from Germany. He´s leaving tomorrow, but we are going to go out with another one of his friends for dinner and hang out a bit tonight. So, it was nice that he was here so that I had someone to hang with for my first night. He also got me really excited about the town, because he told me all the cool things he did here.

So, I´ll write again tomorrow. Chau.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Free Site Counter