Amber's Crazy Super Super Senior Year Around the World!!!

Thursday, January 26, 2006

Wow . . . Thursday Already . . . I Can't Believe It!!!

I cannot believe that I'm really leaving for Buenos Aires in four days. It feels like a dream. Here's what's been going on:

I finally got my meeting at school taken care of with the head of the foreign language department. Classes are approved and signed for. Unfortunately, I won't quite have enough for a Spanish minor, and I'll still be four credit hours away from my 150 hours that I need to sit for my CPA. I'm thinking maybe a summer session in Spain? I am going to wait and see how much I like studying Spanish first. But, that's a possibility.

I got my passport back from the Argentinian consulate. After a month and $40 worth of fed ex costs, it came back exactly as it left me, no student visa. Apparently, the Argentinian goverment in Argentina is screwing something up this term, so we're just supposed to go to Argentina without the visa. U.S. tourists are allowed to stay up to 90 days with the visa that you get when you fly in. So, we just have to leave the country before 90 days is up and come back. It's just a hop skip and a jump across the border to Uruguay from Buenos Aires.

CEA is also giving me a little bit of a run around on my student loans. I thought that I had everything settled with them. My school is supposed to dispurse the money to them when it comes. Period, end of story. Wrong. Now they want me to verify this, AGAIN, with my financial aid office and tell them when. Whatever. I'll do that today. Shouldn't be a big deal. Just thought it was handled.

I've gotten most of the clothes that I'm planning to bring laid out on my floor. I think I'll pull out the suitcases and actually pack today! I have so many cute little sundresses and romantic tangoish dresses that I'm bringing. I can't wait to wear them!!!

My car damage was appraised to the tune of around $3,000. I broke her good. She's being fixed right now.

Besides that, just been out and about shopping and visiting with people. I cannot believe that I'm leaving so soon. I feel like I should be so much more prepared to leave the country for almost four months. But then, I can't think of that much more that I really HAVE to do.

That's all for now. It's almost 1 p.m. I'm going to go watch Days of Our Lives, do some packing, then get showed and dressed. I have a date with my cousin to go see Tristan and Isolde at 4.

Best wishes everyone!
Amber :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Free Site Counter