Amber's Crazy Super Super Senior Year Around the World!!!

Sunday, November 27, 2005

Update from Sea . . . After Thanksgiving . . . Before the Ball . . .

Hello everyone! So far I’ve avoided any major seasickness this crossing . . . fingers crossed . . . I had a paper and a presentation due today. Those are out of the way now, but I have to write two papers for my 8 a.m. class tomorrow morning. We’ve lost an hour every night since we’ve left Japan, including tonight. I have also been busy working on decorations for the Ambassador’s Ball. I spent about two hours cutting silks for the tables in the union yesterday afternoon, and we spent about four hours last night cutting more silk and making paper stars with glitter. Tonight we are making signs and stuff. I think it’s going to be a late night. We really didn’t get any decorations in port, so we are doing what we can with the limited resources we have aboard the ship. There are a lot of rules about what we can and can’t do and how we can secure items to different surfaces. It’s all about fire safety.

Anyways, the ball is tomorrow evening. I am really excited. I still don’t know what I’m going to wear. I had a dress made in Vietnam, but before it was finalized, I had decided that I didn’t like it, so I went out and bought another. Well, now, I kind of like the original one better for the dance, but I don’t have the proper shoes and it could have used one more alteration. The original dress is the one that I designed in Vietnam. It’s gold and bright blue and a bit more on the formal side. The other one is a fun, hot pink halter dress with silk and glitter that’s only knee length. I’m considering wearing the more formal blue and gold one to dinner and changing into my pink one for the dance. I mean why not? I have them both and it will just take a moment to change. I think it would be funny. I’m glad that tomorrow is an A day (I’m done with class after 10:35) because I am going to be busy between decorating and getting myself ready to go. Anyways, I haven’t been to a dance since high school, so I’m really excited. I think it’s going to be a blast!!!

Now, for the most exciting news . . . We just found out that we will be getting in to Hawaii early. We will actually get there the evening before we were supposed to. They are expecting that we should be able to get off the ship by 8 p.m. So, we’ll have a whole night and day in Hawaii. YAY!!!!!!!


Position Report

November 27, 2005Latitude 32 degrees - 18 minutes North,
Longitude 168 degrees - 26.5 minutes East

November 26, 2005Latitude 33 degrees - 15 minutes North,
Longitude 159 degrees - 40 minutes


Free Site Counter