Amber's Crazy Super Super Senior Year Around the World!!!

Saturday, November 05, 2005

Good Evening Vietnam!!!

Well, I'm in Vietnam!!! So far, it's amazing. We didn't dock until 1 p.m. this afternoon so we had time to sleep in. Then, they had a nice brekke-barbeque (breakfast food and barbeque) on the pool deck for us. It was really fun sailing up the river into port as it was rather narrow and there were tons of people and boats all around us - very interesting to watch. We (me, Patti, Lauren, Noel, and Jackie) finally got off the ship around 2:30 in the afternoon and spent the afternoon at tailors ordering clothes to be made. So far I've gotten a dress for the ambassador's ball, a fun asian type dress, and three skirts. I hope they come out nice. I'm really not sure how they'll be. I just sort of picked the fabric and told them what I wanted. The Ambassador's ball dress is the biggy and that could go either way. I came up with a very intricate design using two different very bold, but beautiful fabrics. I'm just going with the girls, so who really cares anyways. If it doesn't work out, I'll figure something interesting out. We'll see. After shopping, we had a fabulous meal. I had eight spring rolls, a veggie noodle dish, a pinneapple and rum, and a huge Tiger beer for $3 total. We're just checking our e-mail real quick and then we're going to head out to the bars. Tomorrow I have a full day trip to the Chu-Chu tunnels and a temple. Then, we are trying to plan a trip to the Mekong Delta for a couple of days. Then, we'll be back in HCMC for the last day. I love Vietnam so far!


Free Site Counter