Amber's Crazy Super Super Senior Year Around the World!!!

Saturday, August 27, 2005

We've Arrived on Paradise (Island) . . .

I just wanted to drop a quick line to let everyone know that our Delta flight through Atlanta went off without a hitch and we arrived in the Bahamas at around 1:30 in the afternoon yesterday. We (my mom, step-dad, brother, and sister) are staying in the beautiful Atlantis Resort on Paradise Island until I board my ship on Tuesday morning. The Atlantis Resort has a Mayan/Lost World of Atlantis theme and the best way that I can describe it is as the Disney World of the Bahamas. It is amazing, but incredibly touristy and expensive!!! Yesterday was beautiful and sunny without a cloud in the sky and we spent the day exploring the hotel and taking in the sunshine. There is literally miles of beautiful beach front with aqua blue waters, seven water slides, and dozens of pools. Many of the pools in the water scape are filled with marine life. The Atlantis Resort boasts the biggest marine life habitat in the world. In fact, there is a lagoon with sharks that snakes by right outside my bedroom door. I can literally look out the patio door and see a shark fin swimming by ten feet away from my room. Anyways, we had a little rain this morning, but it's stopped now and the sun is coming out. I'm planning to spend the day resting at the beach and the pools. I got the best night's sleep that I've had in weeks last night and my cold is subsiding a little. I'm looking forward to getting more r&r these next three days so that I'll be all ready to start my adventure on Tuesday . . . Anyways, I'm getting off the internet now so that I can go enjoy the sunshine. I will try to send an update before I board the ship and post my Bahamas pictures in my photo section. Until then, I'm off to enjoy Paradise . . .

*Don't forget to sign my guest book. There is a link in the top right hand corner of this page.


Free Site Counter